This soup is full of aromas and flavors. You will not try this in a restaurant or cafe. The bacon adds a pleasant aftertaste. You can serve the soup with fried chanterelles and bacon, herbs, fried black bread croutons. This soup is surprisingly tasty and extremely easy to prepare!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Mushrooms / Chanterelles
Dish: Soups / Pureed Soups
Cuisine geography: French / European
- Fresh chanterelles - 1 Kilogram
- Bacon - 50 Grams
- Onions - 1 Piece
- Leek - 1 Piece
- Carrots - 1 Piece
- Celery stalk - 2 Pieces
- Butter - 100 Grams
- Flour - 50 Grams
- Broth - 1.5 Liters
- Milk - 300 Milliliters
- Cream - 250 Milliliters
- Rye bread - 1 Piece
- Salt, spices - To taste
Number of Servings: 10
How to make Chanterelle Soup with Bacon
1. Cut off the fat from a piece of bacon, cut the meat into small cubes.
2. Put the mushrooms in a colander and rinse well. Large mushrooms can be cut in half or in 3 pieces. Divide the mushrooms into 2 equal parts.
3. Put a piece of butter in a frying pan and melt it, add bacon.
4. When the bacon has acquired a golden crust, send half of the mushrooms to it. Excess liquid is formed, drain it and add another piece of butter.
5. In a skillet, divide the mushrooms into 2 parts and place in separate bowls.
6. Wash and cut into thin leek rings.
7. Put a piece of butter in a clean frying pan and melt, add the leek and fry it.
8. Combine half the fried mushrooms with the raw and fried leeks. Twist everything in a meat grinder.
9. Put the resulting minced meat in a saucepan, add to it peeled and cut in half onions, carrots and celery stalks.
10. Pour the broth into a saucepan.
11. Cover it and cook the soup over low heat for about 40 minutes.
12. In another saucepan, melt the remaining butter, add the flour and stir.
13. Pour milk in a thin stream and leave to boil.
14. Remove large vegetables from the saucepan with minced mushrooms, use a blender to turn mushrooms with broth into a single mass.
15. Put the mushroom mixture in a saucepan with flour and boiled milk.
16. If the contents of the pot are too thick, add more broth.
17. Bring the soup to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes, then add the remaining sautéed chanterelles.
18. Pour in the cream and remove the pan from the heat, cover and leave for a few minutes.
19. Cut the bread into cubes, mix it with oil, spices and place in a mold. Bake the croutons in the microwave or oven.
20. Pour the prepared soup into bowls and garnish with croutons. Serve immediately, bon appetit!