Cabbage is a very versatile and healthy vegetable, but it is difficult for many to eat it raw (or tasteless). Stewed cabbage with champignons is a great option not only to diversify your everyday table, but also to get enough of a healthy, light, very satisfying dish. It takes no more than one hour to prepare. This cabbage can be served as an addition to any main course. What's more, try fried scrambled eggs for breakfast and serve them along with stewed cabbage.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Cabbage
Dish: Hot dishes / Side dishes
Cuisine geography: Czech / European
Diet: Low Calorie / PP Recipes
- White cabbage - 200 Grams
- Champignons - 5-6 Pieces
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Carrots - 1 Piece
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Vegetable oil - 50 grams
- Salt and Spices - To taste
- Greens - To taste
- Water - 150 Grams
How to cook "Cabbage stewed with mushrooms in tomato"
1. So, shred the cabbage and send it to fry in a pan with hot vegetable oil.
2. Turn heat to medium, broil and stir constantly. Cook until the cabbage is soft and golden in places. Tastes better when the cabbage is well fried.
3. Add tomato paste, stir and fry for a couple of minutes. Then you can put the cabbage in a saucepan in which you will stew it.
4. Then fry the onions and carrots in vegetable oil and send to the cabbage. Now take care of the mushrooms.
5. I chose champignons, but you can take oyster mushrooms - they cook quickly too. I peel the champignons and then cut them into slices lengthwise. If you like small cuts - please. The method of cutting does not affect the taste of the finished dish.
6. Mushrooms are fried in vegetable oil for no more than 7 minutes. Remember to stir them constantly. Fry the mushrooms until golden brown.
7. When you send the mushrooms in the cabbage, chop the greens (I had green onions and parsley) and send them to the pot too. Then mix everything, add a little water and simmer for about 20 minutes.
8. When the water has boiled away (add if necessary) and the cabbage becomes soft - it is ready. Turn it off and serve as a main dish, side dish.
9. Bon appetit!