I want to share with you an idea of how to make croissants stuffed with puff pastry. The walnut option is just one of many. This can be chocolate spread, cream, or fruit, for example. For tea for dessert or for breakfast, pastries will be just right.
Appointment: For breakfast / For children / For an afternoon snack / For dessert / In a hurry
Main ingredient: Dough / Puff pastry
Dish: Baking / Croissants / Filled Dishes / Sweet
Cuisine geography: French / European
- Puff pastry - 1/2 Kilogram
- Butter - 80 Grams
- Nuts - 50 Grams
- Sugar - 2 Tbsp. spoons (brown is better)
- Corn starch - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Powdered Sugar - 1 Teaspoon (optional)
How to make Puff Pastry Croissants
1. Puff pastry, if frozen, must be defrosted.
2. Cut into large triangles.
3. Grind the nuts into crumbs. In this case, these are pistachios, but you can use any. Add the starch and melted butter. Mix thoroughly until smooth. That's it, the filling is ready.
4. Place a spoonful of the filling on the wide edge of the triangle and gently roll it into a croissant shape.
5. Place croissants on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with butter.
6. Sprinkle with sugar on top and send to the oven preheated to 200 degrees. Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Enjoy your tea!