The salad is unusual, but the ingredients in it are quite familiar to us, it is easy to find them. The whole secret of the dish lies in the spices. Cook all ingredients separately, then combine in a bowl and refrigerate. The salad goes well with a potato side dish, rice or other porridge.
Purpose: For an afternoon snack
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Legumes / Carrots / Chickpeas
Cuisine geography: African / Moroccan
Diet: PP recipes
- Carrots - 450 Grams
- Dried currants - 1/3 Cup
- Almonds - 0.5 Cups
- Mint or cilantro - 0.5 Bunch
- Canned Chickpeas - 420 Grams
- Shallot - 0.5 Pieces
- Garlic - 1 Clove
- Olive Oil - 1/4 Cup
- Lemon zest - 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 3 Tbsp. spoons
- Orange Juice - 1/4 Cup
- Honey - 1-1.5 Art. spoons
- Salt - To taste
- Ground cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Ground coriander - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Ground allspice - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Cayenne Pepper - 1 Pinch
How to make "Moroccan Chickpea Salad"
1. Peel the carrots, wash them and grate them on a coarse grater or use a food processor.
2. Wash the lemon, pour boiling water over it, then rub the zest.
3. Cut the lemon and orange in half and squeeze out the citrus juice.
4. Mix lemon and orange juice with olive oil, honey and all the spices.
5. Chop the almonds coarsely and place them on a piece of parchment. Send to the oven and bake at 180 degrees for about 5 minutes.
6. Put canned chickpeas, carrots, dried currants, chopped greens, onions, garlic into a bowl.
7. Season the salad with the sauce and stir, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
8. Serve chilled salad, garnish with leafy greens. Enjoy your meal!