If you are just as keen on the spicy and rich taste, then read on how to make kao soi or chicken noodle curry soup. Three cuisines are mixed in the dish: Thai, Chinese and Indian. But, nevertheless, the recipe was invented in the north of Thailand, so you can feel something like that yam in it.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Poultry / Chicken / Chicken Breast / Noodles
Dish: Soups / Spicy
Cuisine geography: Thai / Asian
- Egg or Rice Noodles - 500 Grams
- Chicken breast - 350 Grams
- Coconut Milk - 500 Milliliters
- Chicken Broth - 400 Milliliters
- Shallots - 2 Pieces
- Curry Paste - 2 Tbsp spoons
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Soy sauce - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Lime - 1 Piece
- Green onions - 0.5 Bunch
- Turmeric - 2 Teaspoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
How to cook "Khao Soi"
1. Heat oil in a deep skillet or wok. Sauté the finely chopped garlic for 1.5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Then add the curry paste. Stirring, fry it for 1 minute.
3. Cut the chicken into medium pieces. Place them in the skillet. Cook everything together for a couple of minutes, turning over.
4. Next, pour in milk, broth and soy sauce, add salt, sugar and turmeric. Stir and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook the soup for 10 minutes over medium heat.
5. Boil the noodles separately until tender.
6. Chop two types of onion finely. Cut the lime into 8 pieces.
7. Serve the noodle and onion soup. Be sure to sprinkle with freshly squeezed lime juice. Enjoy your meal!