Of course, if there is no lamb, you can use both pork and beef. Otherwise, the dish is traditional, so be sure to follow the recipe. Learn tasty, satisfying and aromatic!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Meat / Vegetables / Lamb / Potatoes
Dish: Hot dishes / Chanakhi
Cuisine geography: Ukrainian / European
- Lamb - 800 Grams
- Potatoes - 800 Grams
- Onions - 3 Pieces
- Small eggplant - 4 Pieces
- Lamb fat - 100 grams
- Garlic - 8 Cloves
- Tomato - 5 Pieces
- Cilantro - 1 Bunch
- Vegetable oil - 4 tbsp. spoons
- Tomato juice - 300 Milliliters
- Broth - 200 Milliliters
- Salt - To taste
- Pepper - To taste
How to cook "Dnipropetrovsk Chanakhi"
1. Cut off several strips from the fat, according to the number of servings (pots), cut the rest into cubes.
2. In a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, fry the chopped fat well. Remove the greaves from the pan.
3. Cut the meat into cubes, rinse and dry.
4. Fry the meat in the frying pan in which the greaves were fried for about 7 minutes. Remove from pan.
5. Cut the onion into half rings, mash the garlic with a knife.
6. Cut the potatoes coarsely enough.
7. Fry in the remaining oil until half cooked.
8. Cut one tomato into cubes.
9. We make such "columns" from eggplants.
10. Put a long slice of fat in the cut.
11. And chopped half of the cilantro.
12. Put a clove of garlic and an onion at the bottom of the pots.
13. Then meat.
14. Then the chopped tomato.
15. Eggplant with filling.
16. Arrange the potatoes tightly. And fill it with a mixture of broth and tomato juice. Season with salt, pepper and simmer in the oven at 180 degrees for 1.5 hours.
17. Cut the remaining tomatoes into circles, chop the cilantro.
18. Remove the pots from the oven, add the remaining garlic, tomato circles and cilantro. Place in the oven for another 15 minutes.
19. Bon appetit!