Almonds can be replaced with flour, however, the aroma and texture will be different, so it is better not to be lazy and blanch it yourself, then grind it. Light, juicy, airy pie with green tea syrup. Garnish the finished cake with whipped cream, buttercream, caramel, or chopped nuts.
Purpose: For children / For afternoon tea / For dessert
Main Ingredient: Nuts / Almonds
Dish: Baking / Pies / Sweet
Cuisine geography: French / European
- Butter - 0.5 cups
- Sugar - 3/4 Cup
- Almonds - 3/4 Cup
- Egg - 1 Piece
- Vanilla extract - 2 Teaspoons
- Almond extract - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Flour - 0.5 cups
- Green tea bags - 6-7 Pieces
- Honey - 3 tbsp. spoons
- Water - 0.5 cups
How to make French Almond Pie
1. Put the almonds in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Remove the almonds from the pan and peel them, then pat the nuts with a towel and leave to dry for 2 hours, preferably overnight.
3. Grind the nuts with cup sugar using a food processor.
4. Heat 0.5 cups of water, not boiling. Put 6-7 tea bags in a glass, remove after 3 minutes.
5. Place sugar and butter at room temperature in a separate bowl.
6. Whisk the mixture with a mixer until fluffy for 4-5 minutes. Beat 3 eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. Add 1 yolk one by one to the butter mixture and stir constantly.
7. Add vanilla and almond extracts and mix thoroughly.
8. Pour the chopped almonds into a bowl, stir until smooth.
9. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a mixer until soft peaks are obtained.
10. Sift flour and baking powder into a separate bowl.
11. Add 1/3 of the egg whites mixture to the dough bowl and stir until smooth.
12. Then add 1/3 of the flour mixture and stir until smooth. Do the same with the remaining egg whites and the flour mixture in turn, adding 1/3 of each and stirring.
13. Place the dough in a baking dish. Place the container in an oven preheated to 175 degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
14. After cooking, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
15. Remove the cake from the mold, poke a few holes in it with a toothpick, this will allow the cake to soak better in the syrup.
16. For syrup: heat green tea and honey in a saucepan until the latter dissolves, then remove the saucepan from heat and cool.
17. Pour the syrup evenly over the entire cake. Set the cake aside for 20 minutes to soak. Enjoy your tea!