I am telling you how to cook "Korean style eggplant and carrot salad." Make carrots yourself or buy ready-made ones. The main role here is played not even by vegetables, but by the Narsharab sauce! It impregnates everything, pickles, and what aroma and taste! I put salt and pepper symbolically - a pinch at a time, it seems to me that a lot of them are not needed there, another pinch of sugar (it can be replaced with a spoonful of liquid flower honey). Try the salad and share your impressions!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For afternoon tea / Inexpensive / Summer
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Eggplant
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
Diet: Lean meals / Vegetarian food
- Eggplant - 350 Grams
- Sweet pepper - 100 Grams
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Tomato - 150 Grams
- Korean Carrots - 100 Grams
- Sauce "Narsharab" - 1.5 Art. spoons
- Vegetable oil - 4 Tbsp. spoons
- Salt, ground black pepper - To taste
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 Tbsp the spoon
- Sugar - 1-2 Pinch (or honey)
- Garlic - 2-3 Cloves
- Greens - To taste
How to cook "Korean style eggplant and carrot salad"
1. Prepare vegetables, wash them thoroughly. Remove the seeds from the pepper, peel the onions and garlic, I have small onions, so I put in two.
2. Cut the eggplant into 3 pieces across, then each piece into two halves, then cut each half into cubes. Place in boiling salted water and cook for 5 minutes. Throw in a colander.
3. Cut sweet peppers into strips, onions - into half rings, garlic - into thin strips or just pass through a press, as you like. Cut the tomatoes into thin slices, the greens - finely.
4. Combine chopped vegetables with eggplants.
5. In a separate bowl combine "Narsharab" sauce with vegetable oil, salt, pepper, sugar (honey), apple cider vinegar. Pour the prepared sauce over the vegetables, stir gently. Tighten with cling film and refrigerate for 12 hours.
6. After 12 hours the vegetables are completely ready to eat, but we tried much earlier and it was delicious!