If desired, you can add meat (minced meat, sausages, sausages) to the casserole, as well as decorate it with cheese, then the dish will no longer be vegetarian. Be sure to add mushrooms, they give the dish a rich and very pleasant aroma, but the rest of the vegetables can be varied. Serve hot.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Mushrooms / Champignons / Croutons
Dish: Baking / Hot dishes / Casserole
Cuisine geography: Italian / European
- Champignons - 225 Grams
- Celery (stem) - 4 Pieces
- Carrots - 3 Pieces
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Garlic - 4 Cloves
- Parsley - 1/4 Bunch
- Butter - 6 Tbsp. spoons
- Dried Thyme - 1 Teaspoon
- Dried Sage - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt, pepper - To taste
- Walnuts - 0.5 Cups
- French bread - 1 Piece
- Vegetable Broth - 1.5 Cups
How to cook "Casserole with croutons and vegetables"
1. Wash and chop the mushrooms, chop the celery, peel the carrots and grate them on a medium grater, peel the garlic and onion, chop the onion into small cubes and squeeze the garlic with a garlic press, rinse and chop the parsley coarsely.
2. Put 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, then add the mushrooms and cook until the liquid evaporates.
3. Add sage, thyme, ground pepper, salt to taste, onion and garlic to a saucepan, cook until the onion is translucent.
4. Then add the chopped celery and after a couple of minutes the carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Chop the walnut slightly. Place the walnuts in a skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the remaining butter, walnuts, chopped parsley to a saucepan and season with salt until the butter melts and turn off the heat.
7. Cut the bread into slices and place on a baking sheet, preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Place the bread in the oven for a few minutes, then cut the bread into cubes.
8. Place the bread cubes in a saucepan and stir well.
9. Add vegetable stock, ½ cup at a time, stir thoroughly after each addition.
10. Grease the baking dish with oil using a brush, transfer the filling from the pan into it, spread it evenly over the entire baking dish. Cover with foil, place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes, until the top is crispy and golden brown.
11. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve. Enjoy your meal!