A cute meat appetizer will delight your family, and inside each loaf there is a surprise - a carrot! Don't like carrots? Add any other vegetable that stands out brightly. Decorate the dish with herbs, complement with other vegetables and try!
Appointment: For lunch / For dinner / For children / For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Meat / Minced Meat
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Ground pork and beef - 400 Grams (or beef)
- Boiled carrots - 2 Pieces
- Corn - 2 Tbsp. spoons (boiled or canned)
- Spices for meat - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Salt, ground black pepper - To taste
- Egg - 1 Piece
- White bread (loaf) - 1-2 Slices
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Garlic - 1-2 Cloves
- Sweet pepper - 0.3 pieces
- Sour cream - 3 tbsp. spoons
- Tomato sauce or adjika - 2-3 tbsp. spoons
- Cheese - 80 Grams
How to cook "Meat Loafs with a Surprise"
1. Prepare the required foods. Boil the carrots in advance, peel them.
2. Combine minced meat with raw egg, salt, ground pepper and meat spices.
3. Cut off the coarse crust of the bread, tear the pulp with your hands and add to the minced meat, put the finely chopped garlic, mix well with a fork.
4. Cut the onion into cubes, fry in a teaspoon of vegetable oil and add to the minced meat, put the corn. Stir.
5. Minced meat is ready.
6. Grease the molds with vegetable oil. Put half of the minced meat in two molds, tamp.
7. Place the carrots in the center.
8. Cover with the other half of the minced meat, press down slightly at the edges.
9. Put 3-4 sweet pepper rings, more is possible. Place the loaves in a hot oven (180 degrees) for 20 minutes.
10. Combine sour cream with adjika or tomato sauce. Grate the cheese on a coarse grater.
11. After 20 minutes, remove the loaves from the oven, pour generously with the sauce, put the grated cheese on top and place in the oven for another 20 minutes.
12. The meat loaves are ready. Let them cool completely.
13. Carefully remove the warm loaves, cut and taste!