The stew can be cooked in a cauldron, slow cooker, or just in a casserole dish. The main thing in the dish is to keep the vegetables juicy and not turn them into porridge. A lot of gravy is formed, so serve in a deep plate and garnish with herbs. With a piece of soft homemade bread …
Appointment: For lunch / For dinner / For children / For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Eggplant / Tomato / Zucchini
Dish: Hot dishes / Stew
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
Diet: Low Calorie / No Meals / PP Recipes
- Eggplant - 1 Piece
- Zucchini - 2-3 Pieces
- Tomato - 3 Pieces
- Parsley - 2-3 Pieces
- Basil - 2-3 Pieces
- Garlic - 6 Cloves
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Salt, pepper - To taste
How to make Provencal Vegetable Stew
1. Wash the zucchini and cut it in half lengthwise. Then cut into thin slices.
2. Place half of the sliced zucchini in the bottom of the saucepan.
3. Wash and cut the eggplant like a zucchini. The pieces must be the same size.
4. Place half of the sliced eggplant on top of the zucchini. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Wash and cut the tomatoes into large pieces. Wash and coarsely chop the basil and parsley.
6. Peel the garlic cloves and chop coarsely.
7. Add half the chopped tomatoes, herbs and garlic to the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Repeat the layers (zucchini, eggplant, tomato with herbs and garlic). Cover and cook over low heat for 2-2.5 hours.
9. Juicy and soft vegetables are ready. Enjoy your meal!