For your attention, I want to present a cool idea of how to make a closed apple pie. In the filling, I recommend that you definitely add spices for the aroma - cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla. Adjust the amount of sugar and lemon juice to taste, depending on the sweetness of the apples. The pie can be served to the table both warm and already well cooled, adding cream or a scoop of ice cream.
Purpose: For children / For afternoon tea / For dessert
Main Ingredient: Fruit / Apples / Dough
Dish: Baking / Pies / Sweet
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Flour - 2 Glasses
- Butter - 175 Grams
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Water - 5-7 Art. spoons (cold)
- Apples - 6 Pieces
- Sugar - 3/4 Cup
- Starch or flour - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Cinnamon - 3/4 Teaspoons
- Salt - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Nutmeg - 1/6 Teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 2 Teaspoons
- Egg - 1 Piece
How to make "Closed Apple Pie"
1. In a deep bowl, combine sifted flour, salt, cold butter and mash with a fork until smooth. Pour in ice water and knead to a homogeneous dough.
2. Divide the finished dough in half, roll into balls and wrap in plastic wrap. Put in the refrigerator for 35-45 minutes or in the freezer for 15 minutes.
3. Then roll out both layers of dough on a floured surface.
4. To prepare the filling, combine the sliced apples, sugar, spices. Add lemon juice, flour, or starch.
5. Stir gently. If you wish, you can add a handful of raisins or dried cranberries to the filling, for example.
6. Place one layer of dough in an ovenproof dish. Spread the filling on top.
7. Place the second layer of dough on top. Tape the edges neatly.
8. Make small cuts in the center. Brush with a beaten egg and send to an oven preheated to 180 degrees. Bake for about an hour until golden brown.
9. I recommend serving the pie 1.5-2 hours after being done. Enjoy your meal!