The basis of the original hummus will be baked beets and garlic. Add some tahini, lemon juice, vegetable oil and you have an amazing snack. It is perfect even for a festive table or a buffet table, for example. At least once it is definitely worth repeating this recipe at home.
Purpose: For an afternoon snack / buffet
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Beets
Dish: Snacks / Hummus
Cuisine geography: Arabic / Eastern
Diet: Low Calorie / PP Recipes
- Beetroot - 450 Grams
- Garlic - 2-3 Cloves
- Lemon - 1 Piece
- Tahini - 1/2 Glass
- Salt and Vegetable Oil - To taste
How to make "Beetroot hummus"
1. Wash the beets, pat dry, sprinkle with oil and wrap in foil. Place the garlic in a separate envelope. Send in an oven preheated to 180 degrees and bake the beets until soft for 45-55 minutes and garlic for 20 minutes.
2. Cool and peel the finished beets.
3. Place in a blender along with the garlic.
4. Add lemon juice, tahini and some vegetable oil.
5. Salt to taste and chop until smooth.
6. Before serving, you can add herbs or spices. Awesome beetroot hummus is ready! Enjoy your meal!