I really love recipes for blanks without sterilization. Double hot fill, replace the sterilization process. It is more convenient to roll tomatoes into liter jars, especially if they have a wide neck. I give the calculation of salt, sugar and spices per 1 liter of filling. From the specified amount of ingredients, 4 liter jars come out.
Purpose: Inexpensive / Summer
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Tomato
Dish: Blanks / Marinating / Preservation / Spicy
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Tomatoes - 2 Kilograms (medium-sized)
- Garlic - 8 Cloves
- Hot pepper - 4 pieces
- Sweet pepper - 2 pieces
- Salt - 2 Tbsp. spoons (for 1 liter of water)
- Sugar - 4 Tbsp. spoons (for 1 liter of water)
- Vinegar - 2 Tbsp. spoons (9% per 1 liter of water)
- Peppercorn Mix - 1/4 Teaspoon (for 1 can)
- Allspice - 2 Pieces (for 1 can)
- Cloves - 1 Piece (for 1 can)
- Bay leaf - 1 Piece (for 1 can)
- Mustard seeds - 1 Teaspoon (for 1 can)
How to make "Sweet & Hot Pickled Tomatoes"
Wash tomatoes and peppers well. Peel the bell peppers and cut each in half. Peel the garlic and cut the cloves in half lengthwise. Rinse jars and lids well and scald. Can be sterilized if desired.
Place spices and garlic at the bottom of the jars.
Pierce the tomatoes from the side of the stalk with a toothpick so that they do not burst.
Place the tomatoes tightly in the jar with the peppers in the middle. I put the hot pepper whole - it turns out to be very tasty.
Pour boiling water over the jars, cover with lids and leave for 15 minutes.
Then pour the water into a saucepan, add salt and sugar. Bring to a boil and pour back into the jars.
Add 2 tablespoons of 9% vinegar to each jar and roll up the lids. Turn over and wrap until cool.
Store the workpieces in a cool place, and help yourself in the winter!