Just a little imagination and you will get an unusual, tasty dish from familiar products. Think blue mashed potatoes are made with chemical dyes? But no, everything is much simpler and more natural. If you wish, you can make it in different colors. This is a great idea for attracting the attention of children and, of course, for decorating the festive table!
Appointment: For lunch / For dinner / For children / For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Potatoes
Dish: Side dishes / Puree
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Potatoes - 0.6 Kilograms
- Red cabbage - 120 Grams
- Milk - 1 Glass
- Salt - To taste
- Butter - 50 Grams
- Soda - To taste (on the tip of a knife)
How to make Fancy Mashed Potatoes
1. Wash the potatoes, do not peel them. Put the potatoes in a saucepan with cold water and put on the fire, boil the potatoes until tender.
2. Cut off the red cabbage leaves and chop them. Pour milk into a saucepan, add salt and put it on the fire, immediately put the chopped cabbage and bring everything to a boil.
3. After boiling, reduce heat and simmer for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally with a spatula.
4. Add baking soda and butter, stir until the butter is completely dissolved.
5. Cool the boiled potatoes and peel them, chop them in mashed potatoes.
6. Combine the cabbage in the milk with the mashed potatoes until a pleasant blue color is formed. You can strain the cabbage mixture so that there is no cabbage left, or you can leave it that way.
7. Serve the mashed potatoes immediately with a lump of butter. Enjoy your meal!