Pear pie tempts with its aromas from the oven, let alone the finished dessert. The highlight of the pie is the filling. By the way, you can use any nuts, for example, hazelnuts or almonds.
Purpose: For children / For afternoon tea / For dessert
Main Ingredient: Dough / Sponge Pastry
Dish: Baking / Pies / Sweet
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Walnuts - 1 Glass
- Flour - 1 Glass
- Baking Soda - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Baking powder - 0.5 teaspoons
- Cinnamon - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Nutmeg - 1 Pinch
- Ground Ginger - 1 Pinch
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Brown Sugar - 1 Glass
- Egg - 2 Pieces
- Butter - 1/4 Cup (+5 tablespoons for dough)
- Milk - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Vanilla extract - 1 Teaspoon
- Ripe pear - 2 Pieces
- Heavy cream - 1/4 Cup
How to make Pear and Nut Pie
1. Cut the walnuts into large pieces.
2. Dry the walnuts in an oven preheated to 175 degrees for 10 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
4. Wash the pears, the more ripe they are, the better. Peel one pear from the skin and core, mash it in a puree.
5. In a large bowl, combine pear puree, 5 tablespoons melted butter, ¾ cup brown sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
6. Peel and core the second pear and cut into cubes.
7. Add flour mixture to pear puree mixture and mix thoroughly.
8. Pour the chopped pear into the dough and stir.
9. Place the dough in a greased baking dish with removable sides and place in an oven preheated to 175 degrees, bake for 25 minutes. Use a toothpick to test the pie for doneness.
10. 5 minutes before the cake is baked, make the caramel: in a small bowl, combine heavy cream, milk, ¼ cup butter, ¼ cup brown sugar. Bring this mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
11. Add dried walnuts and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
12. Remove the cake from the oven and poke holes in it with a toothpick so that the cake is well saturated with caramel.
13. Place the caramel nut sauce over the cake while it is still hot and distribute it evenly.
14. Let the cake cool, and after 10 minutes remove the sides of the baking dish.
15. Serve the cake to the table. Enjoy your tea!