You can cook capelin in a pan or in the oven, as you like. It will be less greasy in the oven. Any creamy sauces are suitable for it, as well as ordinary and everyone's favorite squash caviar. Capelin is a storehouse of vitamins, like any other fish of the salmon family: B vitamins, potassium, sodium and omega-3 fatty acids. This fish is very digestible and cooks quickly.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Fish & Seafood / Capelin
Dish: Hot dishes
- Capelin - 0.5 Kilogram
- Flour - 0.5 cups
- Salt - To taste
- Vegetable oil - To taste (for frying)
How to cook "Fried capelin with a side dish"
1. This small fish of the smelt family known to all is an excellent alternative to any sea fish. Despite its cost, capelin is not inferior in taste to other types of marine fish. It has 23% protein, it fries quickly and is very easy to digest. So, first we need to wash and let the excess liquid drain.
2. Dip each fish in flour from all sides. Meanwhile, pour vegetable oil into the pan and heat the pan.
3. Fry immediately on one side and then on the other side. Determine the degree of roasting yourself.
4. It is imperative to fry the fish in hot vegetable oil, otherwise it will fall apart. Another important point: salt it when you turn it over to the back side.
5. Turn and put the fish on a plate using two forks, so convenient and time-tested and experienced. While the fish is fried, you can cook any side dish. We'll have mashed potatoes tonight.
6. Together with potatoes, it turned out to be a wonderful culinary tandem! Wheat porridge and any pasta are well suited to capelin. It also goes well with squash caviar.