As a child, donuts were the most favorite delicacy, it's time to learn how to cook them yourself. Moreover, the recipe is simple, and both family and friends will be happy with the treat.
Purpose: For an afternoon snack
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Potatoes / Flour
Dish: Baking / Donuts
Cuisine geography: Italian / European
- Wheat flour - 500 grams
- Potatoes - 500 Grams
- Egg - 2 Pieces
- Dry yeast - 14 grams
- Sugar - 100 Grams
- Butter - 50 grams
- Orange - 1 Piece
- Sunflower oil - To taste (for deep fat)
How to make Potato Donuts
1. Boil potatoes, finely grate and let cool.
2. Add eggs, sugar, dry yeast to mashed potatoes and gradually add sifted flour.
3. Add the previously melted and slightly cooled butter. Start kneading the dough.
4. Add orange zest and orange juice.
5. Knead the dough until smooth. Separating small pieces, roll up the flagella and, connecting their ends, make "bagels".
6. Leave the blanks in a warm place in the kitchen for 1 hour, until they double in size.
7. Deep-fry the donuts.
8. Put the finished donuts on paper towels, then roll them while still hot in granulated sugar and serve. Enjoy your meal!