These cookies remind me of cozy family evenings. I cook it in 2 types: classic and with cocoa. Use any nuts you like. You can decorate the cookies with melted chocolate or ready-made chocolate paste.
Purpose: For children / For afternoon tea / For dessert
Main ingredient: Dough / Shortcrust pastry
Dish: Baking / Cookies / Sweet
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Flour - 1 Glass
- Baking powder - 0.5 teaspoons
- Salt - To taste
- Butter - 115 Grams
- Sugar - 1/3 Cup
- Walnut oil - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Vanilla Extract - 1 Teaspoon
- Toasted hazelnuts - 0.5 cups
- Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp. spoons
How to make "Walnut Cookies (Shortbread)"
1. Roast the hazelnuts in the oven.
2. Cool it down, then lay it on a towel and rub with a towel to clean it. Grind into crumbs.
3. Whisk sugar and butter at room temperature in a mixer until fluffy, 4-5 minutes.
4. Add nut butter and ground hazelnuts, mix thoroughly.
5. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Pour dry mixture into a bowl of sugar and butter, stir with a rubber spatula.
6. Divide the resulting dough into two parts, add cocoa to one.
7. Make any shape from the dough and wrap it in parchment. Place the wrapped dough in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
8. Cut the chilled dough into 0.5 centimeter thick slices.
9. Place the sliced cookies on a baking tray. Place the baking sheet in an oven preheated to 175 degrees and bake for 10-15 minutes.
10. Cool the cookies on a special wire rack before serving.
11. Brush the edge of the cookie with chocolate paste and garnish with chopped nuts. Serve the cookies immediately after the chocolate has set. Enjoy your tea!