A minimum of preservatives and flavors, only natural products - this is the secret of delicious homemade preparation! You can eat it immediately after cooking with meat, fish or bread, or you can pour it into sterilized jars and close for the winter. Your family will be happy to eat a jar of such lecho.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Bell Pepper / Tomato
Dish: Blanks / Lecho
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Pepper - 1 Kilogram
- Tomatoes - 1.5 Kilograms
- Carrots - 500 Grams
- Onion - 200 Grams
- Vegetable oil - 1 Glass
- Sugar - 0.5 cups
- Salt - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Table vinegar - 1 tbsp. the spoon
How to cook "Homemade lecho"
1. Wash the tomatoes and place them on the table. Boil water in a saucepan and turn off the heat, place the tomatoes in boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
2. Carefully peel off the skins, cut the tomatoes in half and remove the tails. Wash the peppers, remove the seeds.
3. Peel the carrot and grate it on a coarse grater, peel the onion and chop it.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan, put carrots, add onions to it and fry for a couple of minutes. Finely chop the tomatoes and add them to the carrots and onions, salt and add sugar. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
5. Cut the pepper into small pieces and add it to the pan to the rest of the ingredients, simmer after boiling over low heat for 50-60 minutes.
6. At the very end add table vinegar, salt or sugar if necessary. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Cool homemade lecho and serve or pour hot into jars and seal for the winter.