You will spend at least three hours making the sauce, so be prepared for a long time in the kitchen. For the sauce, you can use fresh tomatoes, canned sauce. You can serve the dish with any kind of pasta. Store the sauce separately, do not mix it with the pasta in advance, only before serving.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Meat / Minced Meat
Cuisine geography: Italian / European
- Bacon - 115 Grams
- Butter - 5 Tbsp. spoons
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Carrots - 1-2 Pieces
- Celery - 1 Piece
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Ground beef - 230 Grams
- Minced veal - 230 Grams
- Minced pork - 230 Grams
- Salt - To taste
- Milk - 2 Glasses
- Beef Broth - 1 Glass
- Dry white wine - 1 Glass
- Dry red wine - 0.5 cups
- Tomato Sauce - 800 Grams
- Mushroom seasoning - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Ground black pepper - To taste
- Ground nutmeg - To taste
- Fennel Seeds - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Sugar - 1 Teaspoon
- Bay leaf - 1 piece
- Sage - 1 Art. the spoon
- Rosemary - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Parsley - 1 Piece
How to cook "Bolognese (with three kinds of minced meat)"
1. Wash, peel and finely chop carrots, celery, onions, garlic.
2. Cut the bacon into small pieces. Heat a saucepan, add bacon to it and fry until cooked over medium heat.
3. Add vegetables to bacon and cook for 5-7 minutes, until tender.
4. Place ground beef, veal and pork in a saucepan, cook until the meat is golden brown.
5. Pour in milk, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 1 hour.
6. Pour the beef broth, red and white wine into a saucepan.
7. Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, bay leaves, rosemary, nutmeg and sage.
8. Bring sauce to a simmer, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 2 hours. The sauce should become thick, if it is still liquid, remove the lid and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Rinse and chop the parsley, add it to the saucepan, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve the sauce along with the pasta and grated cheese. Enjoy your meal!