The main differences between Belarusian borscht and Ukrainian borscht are: the absence of cabbage, beets are boiled in their uniforms separately, to make the borscht thick, browned flour is added. So let's get started!
Purpose: For lunch
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Beets
Dish: Soups / Borsch
Cuisine geography: Belarusian / European
- Beef Ribs - 400 Grams
- Beef - 350 Grams (pulp)
- Water - 3 Liters
- Beets - 3 Pieces
- Potatoes - 4 Pieces
- Carrots - 1 Piece
- Parsley root - 1 Piece
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Tomato puree - 100 Grams
- Lard - 40 Grams
- Wheat flour - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Sugar - - To taste
- Vinegar - 1 Tbsp. spoon (3%)
- Sour cream - 50 grams (for serving)
- Bay leaf - 1 piece
- Ground black pepper, salt - - To taste
How to cook "Belarusian borscht"
1. Belarusian borscht is one of the many varieties of this delicious, red and hearty soup. Do you want to know how to cook Belarusian borscht? Then I will tell you in detail how to do it.
2. Separately put the beets to boil. Wash the beets, cover with water, bring to a boil, cook over low heat until tender. Then fill with cold water, cool and clean.
3. Wash and peel potatoes, carrots, parsley root and onions. Saute the flour in a dry hot frying pan until a nutty smell appears.
4. Cut the potatoes into pieces, send them to the boiling broth.
5. Grate the carrots on a coarse grater, chop the onion and parsley root. Melt lard or chopped bacon in a frying pan, sauté chopped roots until golden brown. Pour in tomato puree, bring to a boil, cook for another 5 minutes. Add sugar to taste.
6. In the broth, add the sautéed flour, roast, salt, pepper and the beetroot, cut into strips. Pour in vinegar to taste. Cook for another 10 minutes, let it brew.
6. Serve with chunks of meat, fresh herbs and sour cream. Enjoy your meal!