So, want to know how to make homemade sausage? Everything is very simple! We take pork intestines, fill with meat with spices and cook-fry-bake! If your meat is not fat, then be sure to add lard, about 1: 5-1: 6, then the sausage will not be dry. I bought the podcherevok, this meat already has a good layer of lard, but without the skin, so I didn't add lard to the sausage.
See my recipe for more details!
Appointment: For lunch / For dinner / For children / For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Meat / Pork
Dish: Hot dishes
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Pork - 1,250 Kilograms (neck, back, shoulder)
- Spinal fat - 250 Grams
- Head of garlic - 1 Piece
- Pork intestines - To taste (about 2.5 meters)
- Salt, pepper - To taste
- Spices - 1.5 Art. spoons (oregano, thyme, basil, coriander)
How to cook "Homemade sausage"
1. Prepare the food, let's get started! Rinse the intestines under running water to wash off the salt. Soak in cold water for an hour, pass a portion of water through the intestine to rinse it from the inside. After these manipulations, the intestine is considered ready for stuffing.
2. Wash the meat and lard, cut into pieces with a sharp knife, no more than 1 * 1 cm in size. Place in a deep bowl.
3. Add salt, spices, finely chopped garlic, mix thoroughly. I add an incomplete glass of ice water, the meat absorbs it quickly and turns out to be more juicy.
4. Put the prepared intestines on a special device for sausages (the attachment is put on the meat grinder, while the grate and knife do not need to be placed). Tie the edge of the bowel. Put the meat in a meat grinder, turn on and fill the intestines.
5. Fill not very tightly so that the sausage does not burst during the heat treatment. Make sure that the intestine is intact, if you notice a hole, be sure to stop the machine and tie this place with a thread. Now the sausage needs to ripen, for this put it in the refrigerator overnight, but not less than 4-5 hours.
6. In the morning, remove the sausage from the refrigerator and tie it with string so that it is convenient for you to cook and bake it. Use a toothpick to pierce it every 5-6 cm so that air escapes during cooking and the sausage does not burst.
7. Place the sausage in a large skillet or saucepan, cover it with water and simmer for 5-6 minutes from the moment it boils. Take out the sausage ring, cool. Lubricate on all sides with lard or vegetable oil.
8. Preheat the oven to 220-240 degrees. Put the sausage on a baking sheet and put it in the oven for an hour, glance periodically, if necessary, turn it over, my sausage was ruddy and beautiful after 40 minutes, but the ovens are different, be guided by your own.
9. Homemade sausage is ready, you can serve it hot right away, but it is no less tasty when cold. Stores well in the refrigerator. If you put it in an earthenware pot, fill it completely with melted lard, then in this form it can be stored for a very long time. Try it!