Preparing tilapia according to this recipe is as simple and quick as possible, I recommend trying. You can serve the fish yourself, with fresh vegetables or any other side dish of your choice. Tilapia meat is very tender and juicy. Add to it a little aromatic seasoning, salt, pour in freshly squeezed lemon juice and you get a delicious-tasting dish that can be safely served at any table. Tilapia is usually sold frozen, covered with a thin crust of ice. There is no need to defrost it beforehand, just rinse the finished fillet with warm water and dry it with a paper towel.
Purpose: Lunch / Dinner / Healthy Lunch / Light Dinner
Main Ingredient: Fish and Seafood / Tilapia
Dish: Hot dishes / Steamed dishes
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
Diet: For diabetics / Diet food / Slimming recipes / Low calorie / PP recipes
- Tilapia fillet - 4 pieces
- Salt - To taste
- Spices - To taste
- Lemon Juice - To taste
How to cook "Steamed Tilapia"
1. Prepare all the required ingredients.
2. Rub the finished tilapia fillet with salt and spices, pour over with lemon juice. Leave the fish to marinate for 20-30 minutes. I leave the fillets intact, but if desired, you can cut each into two parts. You can use any spices you like, I already have a ready-made mixture especially for fish, which includes: coriander, dried vegetables, turmeric, paprika, thyme and pepper.
3. Grease a steaming container with oil and place the marinated fish in a single layer.
4. Cook the tilapia after boiling water for no more than 15 minutes. I am using a multicooker, setting the appropriate mode. After the end of the beep, the tilapia is ready for steam.
5. Serve the fish with any side dish or sauce, garnish with lemon wedges and fresh herbs. Enjoy your meal!