Minced casserole is usually made from lamb or beef. If you do not have either one or the other at hand, feel free to take any other. Suitable for both pork and light chicken. If you want the meat to feel better, then you can not twist it in a meat grinder, but simply chop it finely with a knife. The main ingredients for the filling are onions and carrots. You can diversify it with green peas, as in this recipe, or add, for example, tomatoes or any other vegetables to your taste. In any case, the dish turns out to be self-sufficient, tasty and satisfying. It is quite easy to prepare a shepherd's casserole, even a novice cook can handle the recipe, I recommend trying it!
Appointment: For lunch / For dinner / For children / For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Meat / Vegetables / Potatoes / Minced Meat
Dish: Baking / Hot dishes / Casserole
Cuisine geography: English / European
- Minced beef - 500 Grams
- Potatoes - 800 Grams
- Cheese - 100 Grams
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Carrots - 1 Piece
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Green peas - 100 Grams
- Egg - 1 Piece
- Butter - 50 Grams
- Salt, spices - To taste
How to make Shepherd's Cheese Casserole
1. Prepare all the required ingredients.
2. Peel the potatoes, chop and place in a pot of water.
3. Boil until tender, drain and mash well in mashed potatoes with 20 grams of butter.
4. Let the puree cool slightly, then add the egg and salt to taste.
5. Stir until smooth.
6. In a skillet, melt the remaining butter and sauté the diced onions and grated carrots until soft.
7. Add minced meat, chopped garlic, salt and spices to taste.
8. Fry everything together, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Add the peas.
9. Stir again and remove from heat after a couple of minutes. The filling is ready.
10. Line a baking dish with foil and line the minced meat in an even layer.
11. Spread the mashed potatoes evenly over the top.
12. Sprinkle with grated cheese on top.
13. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for about 20-30 minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs as desired before serving. Shepherd's casserole with cheese is ready.
14. Bon appetit!