This is a very versatile dish, because it can be served as an independent dish, for example, or as a side dish for fish and meat, or as an appetizer with your favorite sauce. You can add herbs and spices to the filling, as well as aromatic herbs in breading. By the way, you can not only bake such meatballs, but also fry them in a pan.
Appointment: For lunch / For dinner / For an afternoon snack
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Potatoes
Dish: Hot dishes / Meatballs
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Potatoes - 1 Kilogram
- Bacon - 2 Slices
- Cheese - 50 Grams
- Green onion feathers - 2-3 Pieces
- Flour - 1/2 Cup
- Breadcrumbs - 1 Glass
- Vegetable oil - 1-2 tbsp. spoons
- Salt and Spices - To taste
How to make "Cheese and Bacon Potato Meatballs"
1. Boil potatoes in salted water until tender and mash in mashed potatoes. Fry the bacon, place on a paper towel to remove any excess fat, and chop.
2. In a deep bowl combine mashed potatoes, bacon, chopped onion, grated cheese and flour. Add salt and spices and mix thoroughly.
3. Form small balls from the resulting mass. Prepare breadcrumbs.
4. Dip the meatballs in breadcrumbs and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment and oiled. Send to an oven preheated to 220 degrees.
5. Bake for 8 minutes, then gently turn over and send back to the oven for another 8 minutes. Once the potato balls with cheese and bacon are well browned, they are ready. Enjoy your meal!