This idea is quite real, because we will make the filling ourselves, cook the fondant. Take a close look at how to make toffee pie. In addition to the already wonderful unusual taste, add whipped cream decor on top. The pastries look incredible! Let's get started!
Purpose: For an afternoon snack / For a festive table
Main ingredient: Dough / Shortcrust pastry
Dish: Baking / Pies / Sweet
Cuisine geography: American
- Wheat flour - 150 grams
- Butter - 180 Grams (60 gr - in iris, 120 gr - in dough)
- Whipping Cream - 240 Milliliters
- Vanillin - 3 Teaspoons (1 teaspoon - in cream, 2 teaspoons - in toffee)
- Powdered sugar - 3 Tbsp. spoons
- Egg - 3 Pieces
- Low-fat cream - 480 Milliliters
- Cornstarch - 40 Grams
- Light brown sugar - 200 grams (20 gr - in dough, 180 gr - in iris)
- Ice water - 3 Art. spoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
How to make Iris Pie
1. First prepare the dough. In a deep bowl, combine sugar, salt and flour.
2. Also add room temperature oil. Rub the mass with your hands.
3. Then add water and knead the shortbread dough.
4. Put it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, wrapped in plastic wrap.
5. Then roll the dough into a flat cake. Place it in a round baking dish, forming high sides. Place the weight on top so that the base does not swell.
6. Bake the base for 18 minutes at 180 degrees in the oven until crisp.
7. While the dough is cooling, prepare the filling. Put butter and sugar in a saucepan.
8. Stir constantly and cook for 30 minutes. Then pour in the cream. Add starch and eggs. Knead the mixture for 30 seconds.
9. Then bring the mixture over medium heat until thickened for 9 minutes.
10. Add vanillin at the end. Stir.
11. Place the toffee filling on top of the base. Leave for 30 minutes at room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
12. Whisk the cream, powder and vanilla until firm peaks before serving.
13. Decorate the cake with cream. Enjoy your tea!