I can say for sure: you don't have to spend a lot to visit Italy! It is enough to cook a fragrant and deliciously delicious tomato risotto. We will prepare a tomato-wine sauce in which we will cook rice. Supplement the dish with cheese and aromatic herbs. So, let's get ready!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Tomato / Cereals / Rice
Dish: Hot dishes / Risotto
Cuisine geography: Italian / European
- Tomatoes - 450 Grams
- Garlic - 3 Cloves
- Sugar - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Olive oil - 3 tbsp. spoons
- Broth - 3 Glasses (vegetable, meat)
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Butter - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Rice - 1 Glass
- Fresh rosemary - 1.5 Teaspoons
- Salt, pepper - To taste
- White Wine - 1/3 Glass
- Mozzarella cheese - 85 Gram
- Parmesan cheese - To taste
- Fresh Basil - To taste
How to cook "Tomato Risotto" "
1. Wash the tomatoes, peel the garlic and cut 2 cloves in half. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, put the tomatoes and chopped garlic on a baking sheet, sprinkle with sugar, salt and pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, until the skins on the tomatoes burst.
2. Place the tomatoes and garlic in a blender, add the chicken stock and whisk. Transfer the sauce to a saucepan and heat.
3. Peel and finely chop the onion. Fry the onions in olive oil until transparent (5-7 minutes), then pass the garlic through a press and cook for another 1 minute.
4. Add rice, chopped fresh rosemary (can be substituted for dried rosemary) to the skillet, pepper and cook for another minute.
5. Then add white wine, bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, until wine evaporates.
6. Add ¼ cup tomato broth, stirring regularly until most of the broth has evaporated.
7. Continue adding broth ¼ cup at a time, stirring regularly. Cook the rice for 20-25 minutes.
8. When the rice is swollen, add the diced mozzarella and stir, season with salt and pepper. If the rice is dry, add chicken or vegetable stock.
9. Rinse and grind the basil. Serve hot, sprinkle with grated Parmesan and basil before serving.