In fact, this is ordinary homemade bread, but it is not prepared with water, milk or whey, but with tomato juice. Of course, when kneading the dough, the tomato pulp will disperse a little, but the taste and aroma of tomatoes will undoubtedly be present in the finished baked goods. If desired, you can add Provencal herbs, fresh herbs, olives or sun-dried tomatoes to the dough. Try it!
Appointment: For breakfast / For lunch / For dinner / For afternoon tea / Inexpensive
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Tomato / Dough / Yeast Dough
Dish: Baking / Bread
Cuisine geography: Italian / European
- Tomatoes - 300 Grams
- Flour - 400 Grams
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Yeast - 2 Teaspoons
How to make "Homemade Bread with Tomatoes"
1. Prepare all the required ingredients.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half and grate. Remove the skin, and pour the pulp together with the juice into a deep bowl or bowl.
3. Add 1 tbsp. l. flour, sugar and yeast. Stir and place in a warm place for 15-20 minutes.
4. Pour flour into a deep bowl, add salt and matched dough with tomatoes.
6. Knead a soft and slightly sticky dough with your hands. If necessary, you can add a little more flour in the process.
7. Gather the dough into a ball, cover with a towel and store in a warm place for about an hour. It should expand well.
8. The dough that has come up must be kneaded a little, then form a kind of bun and put on a baking sheet covered with parchment. Make two or more cuts on top with a knife to release the gas generated during the baking process.
9. Cover the dough with a towel and leave for about 20-30 minutes, then bake at 200 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Homemade bread with tomatoes is ready. Cool it on a wire rack, cover with a towel.
10. After the bread has completely cooled, it can be sliced and served. Enjoy your meal!