This cake can be served warm or cooled down. Whipped cream is recommended, unlike the popular American apple pie, which should be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can safely add nuts, raisins to Austrian. You can experiment with different varieties of apples, sweet or sour.
Purpose: For children / For afternoon tea / For dessert
Main Ingredient: Fruit / Apples / Flour / Eggs
Dish: Baking / Pies / Sweet
Cuisine geography: Austrian / European
- Apples - 4 Pieces
- Sugar - 2 Glasses
- Flour - 2 Glasses
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Salt - To taste
- Cinnamon - 2 Teaspoons
- Egg - 3 Pieces
- Walnut oil - 0.5 cups
How to make "Austrian Apple Pie"
1. Prepare a baking dish by greasing it with oil.
2. Wash the apples, peel and cut into small pieces. Place apples in a bowl, add sugar and mix.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into a separate container and stir.
4. Add eggs to apple mixture.
5. Add walnut oil to the apple mixture. Pour the apple mixture into a bowl of flour and mix thoroughly.
6. Pour the dough into a mold, place the mold in an oven preheated to 175 degrees and bake for 50-55 minutes.
7. Cool the pie, remove from the mold, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.