These products can be with different fillings. We will make the most popular one - the chocolate one. First, read about how to make hamantashen. The dough is kneaded from familiar products and using familiar technology, so you can easily repeat it. Just leave time for it to sit.
Purpose: For an afternoon snack
Main ingredient: Dough
Dish: Baking / Cookies / Sweet
Cuisine geography: Jewish
- Wheat flour - 255 grams (15 g - in the filling, 240 g - in the dough)
- Butter - 145 grams (100 g - in the dough, 45 g - in the filling)
- White sugar - 280 grams (200 g - in the dough, 80 g - in the filling)
- Egg - 2 Pieces (1 pc - in the dough, 1 pc - in the filling)
- Egg yolk - 1 Piece
- Vanilla extract - 2 teaspoons (1.5 tsp - in the dough, 0.5 tsp - in the filling)
- Baking powder - 0.5 teaspoons
- Salt - 0.25 Teaspoons
- Dark chocolate - 60 grams
How to cook "Hamantashen"
1. Take a test. In a deep bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
2. Separately, beat the butter and sugar together.
3. Add the egg, yolk and vanillin to the butter mass. Continue whisking.
4. Then add the dry ingredients from the first step.
5. Knead the shortbread dough. First with a spoon or mixer, and then with your hands.
6. Smooth the finished dough. Leave it under plastic wrap in the refrigerator for 60 minutes.
7. After that, start stuffing. Microwave the butter and chocolate.
8. Add vanillin, salt and sugar immediately. Stir quickly.
9. Then add the egg and flour. Stir again.
10. Let the cold dough steep at room temperature for 15 minutes. Then roll it into a layer. Cut out the same circles from it, for example, with a glass.
11. Then transfer the blanks to a baking sheet. Add a teaspoon of filling to the center.
12. And now the hardest part: mold the dough along the edges to the center to make a triangle. The filling should remain visible.
13. Bake the hamantashen for 13 minutes at 180 degrees in the oven. Enjoy your tea!