Fry the onions separately, you can do this in advance. You can mix onion with mashed potatoes if you are sure that everyone loves so much or cook only for yourself. Or you can serve fried onions in a separate container. Chop the onion finely or in half rings, whichever you prefer. Eat hot.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Potatoes / Onions
Dish: Side dishes / Puree
- Potatoes - 2 Pieces
- Milk - 0.5 cups
- Butter - 40 Grams
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Salt - To taste
- Olive oil - 3 tbsp. spoons
How to make Mashed Potatoes with Fried Onions
1. Peel potatoes and onions, cut the potatoes in half.
2. Place the potatoes in a pot of cold water, add 1 tablespoon of salt to it and cook over low heat for 40 minutes.
3. Finely chop the peeled onion.
4. Heat a skillet with olive oil over medium heat, add chopped onions and cook until light golden brown.
5. Transfer the finished onion to a bowl.
6. When the potatoes are boiled, drain the water.
7. Add butter and ½ cup of warm milk to the potatoes, thoroughly crush the potatoes in mashed potatoes until an airy mass is obtained, add milk if necessary.
8. Transfer the puree to a plate, add some cooked onions and serve.