A shortcrust cake base can be made from cookies, crumbled, or shortcrust pastry. Serve the pie only after cooling down. It can be garnished with cinnamon, powdered sugar, or coconut. The filling will turn out to be tender and airy.
Appointment: For children / For an afternoon snack / For dessert / For a banquet table / Birthday
Main Ingredient: Dairy / Milk / Dough / Butter / Shortcrust Pastry / Eggs
Dish: Baking / Pies / Sweet
- Milk - 3 Glasses
- Butter - 130 Grams
- Flour - 2 Glasses
- Sugar - 1.5 Cups (¾ cup + 0.5 cups)
- Cornstarch - 2 Teaspoons
- Eggs - 2 Pieces
- Vanilla extract - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 2 Pinches
- Cinnamon - 1-2 Teaspoons
How to make Open Quiche
1. Put 1.5 cups of flour (flat) into the bowl of the food processor, add 0.5 cups of sugar, 115 grams of butter, a pinch of salt. Whisk everything until crumbled.
2. Place the base in a baking dish and flatten to form sides. Bake the base in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
3. At the same time, pour milk into a saucepan and add butter, cook until the butter dissolves.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining flour, sugar, starch, eggs, vanilla and a pinch of salt. Whisk everything until smooth.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the boiling milk mass (small bubbles), stir well with a spoon all the time.
6. Cook the mixture, stirring continuously, until a thick consistency is formed. Remove saucepan from heat and beat for 1 minute.
7. Pour the cooked custard into a baked rind pan and sprinkle with cinnamon, leave to cool, then refrigerate.