Salads with feta cheese are always delicious, but when preparing them, you need to take into account the peculiarities of the cheese itself. Feta cheese is very salty. Therefore, when preparing salad, it is better to reduce the amount of salt added to the salad. Feta cheese is very soft, so you need to put it directly on the prepared salad.
Now you know how to make a salad with feta cheese.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Dairy / Cheese / Feta
Cuisine geography: Greek / European
- Tomato - 2 Pieces
- Fresh cucumber - 2 Pieces
- Pickled chanterelles - 100 grams (can be replaced with other medium-sized pickled mushrooms)
- Greens - To taste
- Feta (fetaki) - 100 Grams
- Vegetable oil - 50 Milliliters
- Balsamic Cream - 0.5 Teaspoons
- Sugar - 1 Pinch
- Salt - To taste
How to make "Feta Salad"
1. Cut the fresh tomato into cubes. To prepare the salad, you need to take an elastic and ripe tomato. A tomato that is too soft or too ripe will turn into porridge when cut. It is better to choose a quality vegetable.
2. Place the sliced tomato in a bowl. Slice fresh cucumbers. Add chopped cucumbers to a salad bowl.
3. Rinse the pickled chanterelles under running water. Let the moisture drain and add the mushrooms to the salad. Instead of chanterelles, you can use pickled champignons or other small mushrooms. Too large mushrooms will be knocked out of the general salad.
4. Chop the available greens. I only took parsley, but you can use an abundance of greens to your liking.
5. Stir the vegetables in the salad. Prepare a dressing. Combine vegetable oil, balsamic cream and some sugar. Season the salad with the resulting dressing and stir. I didn't put in any salt at all.
6. Put the salad on a serving plate. Put sliced feta cheese on top of the salad. Garnish with a sprig of parsley and serve. I did not add salt to the salad. I had enough salt in the cheese, but if desired, the salad can always be added in portions.