The Pancho cake is prepared very simply - an ordinary sponge cake is baked, then cut into pieces, each piece is dipped in tender sour cream and folded up. After the sour cream hardens, the cake will become a single whole. You can decorate Pancho cake with melted chocolate or chocolate chips. Pancho cake is definitely recommended for cooking. Read on for my detailed recipe on how to make Pancho cake.
Purpose: For the festive table / Birthday
Main Ingredient: Dough / Flour
Dish: Baking / Cakes
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Eggs - 6 Pieces
- Sugar - 2 Cups (1 cup - for dough, 1 cup - for cream)
- Flour - 1.5 Cups
- Sour cream - 450 Grams
- Sour cream thickener - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Chocolates - 2 Pieces
How to make Pancho Cake
1. Prepare all the required ingredients. As always, eggs should be cold and flour should be at room temperature to make a biscuit crust.
2. Break the eggs into a clean, dry bowl, add sugar to them. Beat with a mixer for 10-15 minutes at first at low speed, gradually increasing the speed.
3. The mass should increase in volume by about three times.
4. Pour flour in 1 spoonful, stirring it constantly and lifting it upwards. Chop 1 spoon - add the next.
5. Pour the dough into a 22 cm baking dish. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
6. Cut the finished cake into small pieces (about 3 by 3 cm).
7. Prepare sour cream, for this mix sour cream, thickener and sugar, beat with a mixer until thickened.
8. Dip each piece of sponge cake in the cream and lay out in the form of a slide.
9. Put the finished slide in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
10. Decorate Pancho cake with chocolate chips. Enjoy your tea!