Each housewife has her own secrets in the kitchen. In this case, grandma's apple pie at home is an amazing combination of a thin crunchy crust with juicy apples that literally melt in your mouth. The incredible taste and aroma will definitely not leave you indifferent.
Appointment: For breakfast / For lunch / For dinner / For children / For an afternoon snack / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Fruit / Apples / Dough
Dish: Baking / Pies
- Flour - 350 Grams
- Sugar - 5 Tbsp. spoons (+ 2 tablespoons with dough)
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Butter - 280 Grams
- Water - 3 Art. spoons
- Apples - 1 Kilogram
- Cinnamon - 1 Pinch
- Cornstarch - 2-4 Teaspoons
- Protein - 1 Piece (for lubricating the top)
- Apple juice - 2 Liters
How to make Granny's Apple Pie
1. First of all, I'll tell you how to make the dough. Here's a simple set of ingredients you need.
2. Combine flour with a pinch of salt and sugar. Add cold diced butter and crush everything into a smooth crumb. Add the ice water gradually, kneading to a homogeneous dough.
3. Divide it into two equal parts, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for a while.
4. Peel and core the apples. Cut into medium wedges and place in a deep bowl. Bring the apple juice to a boil and pour over the apples. You can also use cider in your grandma's apple pie recipe.
5. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave for 10 minutes.
6. Throw in a colander to dry some apples. Then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Add cornstarch and mix well.
7. Roll out the dough quite thinly on the work surface. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees by this time.
8. Place the dough in an ovenproof dish with the apples on top.
9. Roll out the second layer of dough and cover the apples with it.
10. Pinch the edges tightly to remove excess dough. Here is such an appetizing grandmother's apple pie at home.
11. Make neat cuts with a knife to allow hot steam to escape. Brush with whipped egg white and sprinkle with sugar. You can send the form to the oven.
12. That's the whole secret of how to make grandma's apple pie. Bake it until golden brown. And then leave on the table before serving for a couple of hours. Incredible yummy! Enjoy your tea.