What could be more satisfying, tastier and more appetizing than borscht for lunch? This is an amazing meal for the whole family. I want to share with you an interesting option on how to make Siberian borscht. You probably haven't eaten anything like this before. Memorize the recipe and be sure to repeat it in your kitchen.
Purpose: For lunch
Main Ingredient: Vegetables
Dish: Soups / Borsch
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine / Siberian cuisine
- Beets - 200 Grams
- Beans - 50 Grams
- Onion - 1-2 Pieces (+ minced meat optional)
- Carrots - 1 Piece
- Cabbage - 1/4 Piece
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Garlic - 3-4 Cloves
- Salt - To taste
- Pepper - To taste
- Sugar - To taste
- Meat bone for broth - 1 Piece
- Vegetable oil - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Egg - 1-2 Pieces
- Meat - 1 Kilogram
- Greens - 0.5 Bunch
How to cook "Siberian borscht"
1. First, I'll tell you about the preparatory stage. To cook Siberian borscht at home, you first need to boil beans and broth soaked in advance overnight.
2. When these two stages are over, you can proceed directly to cooking borscht. Peel onions and carrots, chop.
3. Heat some vegetable oil in a skillet. Send the onions there first, and after 3-4 minutes the carrots. Fry over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Grind the peeled beets in parallel.
5. Put it in a small saucepan, cover with water or broth and heat for 20 minutes.
6. Pour a little water over the tomato paste and stir well. Pour into a skillet.
7. Gently discard the stewed beets in a colander, retaining the liquid in which they were cooked. Then add to the onions and carrots. You can also use sweet pepper in the recipe for making Siberian borscht.
8. Mix everything thoroughly and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soft.
9. Peel potatoes and place in boiling broth. Add vegetables.
10. Chop the cabbage and place in the pot along with the beans.
11. There is one secret, how to make Siberian borscht of rich color. This is the same water in which the beets were boiled. Pour it into a saucepan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add sugar, garlic and a variety of spices to your liking.
12. And the last step is what sets this recipe apart from all the others. Send the minced meat into a deep bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste, add chopped herbs and beat in an egg. Mix everything well.
13. Form small meatballs. Yes, Siberian borscht is cooked with meatballs. Bring salted water or broth to a boil. Boil the meatballs separately and add to a plate of borscht before serving. Enjoy your meal!