For Valentine's Day, I want to set the table beautifully and serve beautiful dishes. I offer you one of the options for serving tender beet salad in puff pastry baskets. Unusual serving, delicate and delicious salad will create a special atmosphere.
Appointment: For the festive table / Valentine's Day
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Beetroot / Dairy Products / Cheese / Dough / Puff Pastry / Cream Cheese
Dish: Salads / Appetizers
- Puff yeast-free dough - 250 Grams
- Boiled beets - 150-200 grams
- Cream cheese - 100 Grams
- Salt - 1-2 pinches (to taste)
- Ground black pepper - 1 Pinch
- Eggs - 1 Piece
How to make "Beetroot Salad for Valentine's Day"
1. First of all, let's prepare a stencil, according to which we cut out hearts from puff pastry. Cut out 6 pieces.
2. Then from 4 blanks we cut out the middle, leaving the outlines of hearts about 1 cm wide.
3. We spread the dough base in the form of a whole heart on a baking sheet covered with parchment. Lubricate the edges with a beaten egg 1 cm wide. Lay out the contour of the heart, grease it with an egg, and lay out the second contour on top, we get the sides.
4. Trim the edges, and often prick the middle with a fork.
5. And bake in an oven preheated to 200 degrees until lightly browned. You should get such a basket. They can be baked in advance, a couple of days before the holiday.
6. Cooking salad. Boil and peel the beets.
7. Cut the beets into pieces, add cream cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
8. And with the help of a blender we interrupt everything into a homogeneous puree.
9. We fill the baskets-hearts and serve. Nice and tasty!