The main secret of crispy potatoes is to squeeze out all the liquid, then the pancake will turn out to be really crispy. Pancakes can be served for breakfast, for example with scrambled eggs, as well as for lunch, dinner, or as a snack with sour cream or tomato sauce. Eat them hot.
Appointment: For breakfast / For afternoon tea / In a hurry
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Potatoes
Dish: Baking / Pancakes
- Vegetable oil - To taste
- Potatoes - 450-500 Grams
- Salt, pepper - To taste
How to make Crispy Potato Pancakes
1. Peel and wash potatoes, then coarsely grate or use the kitchen machine.
2. Put the potato mass into cheesecloth, folded several times.
3. Thoroughly squeeze the moisture out of the potatoes, salt and pepper the potatoes, stir.
4. Preheat a frying pan with vegetable oil, divide the potato mass into 4 parts and place one part on a heated surface, flatten with a fork in one layer.
5. After a few minutes, lift the edge up and see if the side is browned.
6. Gently turn the potato pancake over and fry until golden brown.
7. Serve crispy pancakes immediately after browning.