This dish can be prepared both as a healthy snack and as a full-fledged light dinner, for example. Not only adults, but also children should introduce it into the menu. There are several options for making a turnip salad, including you can easily replace mayonnaise in a dressing with vegetable oil, for example. What could be better than healthy vegetables? I definitely recommend taking note of this recipe.
Purpose: For lunch / Inexpensive
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Turnips
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
Diet: Lean meals
- Turnip - 1 Piece
- Carrots - 1 Piece
- Radish - 1 Piece
- Apple - 1 Piece (optional)
- Garlic - 2-4 Cloves
- Mayonnaise - 1-2 Art. spoons
- Balsamic Vinegar - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Spices - To taste (paprika, hot pepper, turmeric, hops-suneli, etc.)
How to make "Turnip Salad"
1. Here is such a bright, natural and healthy set of ingredients you will need to repeat this recipe for making turnip salad in your kitchen.
2. The process is pretty simple. Vegetables must be washed, dried and peeled.
3. Grate turnips or cut into very thin strips.
4. Do the same with the radish.
5. And, of course, carrots.
6. Pass the peeled garlic through a press and add to the vegetables. If you are preparing a turnip salad at home for children, then it is better not to add garlic.
7. It remains only to add a little mayonnaise, salt and spices, balsamic vinegar. Stir gently and refrigerate for half an hour before serving. You can also add some fresh herbs. Enjoy your meal!