I would like to present to your attention a wonderful idea of how to make classic onion bread. In this case, it is baked in the oven, so no equipment is needed. Onions give the dough a special flavor, but at the same time do not make it heavier at all. It's definitely worth a try!:)
Purpose: For breakfast / For lunch / For dinner / Inexpensive
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Onions / Dough
Dish: Baking / Bread
- Flour - 360 Grams
- Milk or Whey - 160 Milliliters
- Olive Oil - 30 Milliliters
- Dry yeast - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Sugar - 1/3 Teaspoon
How to make "Classic Onion Bread"
1. To prepare the dough, sift flour and salt into a deep bowl. Add yeast and pour in warm milk or whey.
2. Heat a spoonful of olive oil in a skillet. Add chopped onion and sauté until golden brown. Finally add sugar and sauté for a minute to caramelize the onion. Then put it in the dough and add the remaining butter. Mix everything. Roll the finished dough into a ball, cover with a towel and leave warm for a couple of hours to approach.
3. After an hour, knead the dough and let it come up again.
4. Place the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Form into a round loaf or loaf. Make cuts with a sharp knife. Let it come up a little more, leave for 15 minutes. Then send the baking sheet to the oven preheated to 200 degrees.
5. Bake the bread for 10-12 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 170 degrees and continue to bake until tender.