You can make a cake without soaking, but it tastes much better. A pie is made on the basis of semolina with the addition of wheat flour, which is why it absorbs orange impregnation so well. All ingredients need to be mixed well, it is better to use an electric mixer for this.
Purpose: For children / Afternoon snack / Afternoon snack / For dessert
Main Ingredient: Dough / Flour / Eggs
Dish: Baking / Biscuit / Sweet
- Eggs - 4 Pieces
- Sugar - 0.5 Kilograms (250 grams for dough, 250 grams for syrup)
- Olive Oil - 250 Milliliters
- Wheat flour - 100 grams
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Semolina - 300 Teaspoons
- Dried apricots - 150 Grams
- Orange juice - 550 milliliters (250 milliliters for dough, 300 milliliters for syrup)
- Water - 150 Milliliters
How to make a Simple Sponge Pie Recipe
1. Beat eggs into the mixer bowl and add 250 grams of sugar to them, beat. Pour in the olive oil in a thin stream and continue whisking.
2. Combine flour with baking powder, add everything to well-beaten eggs.
3. Add semolina to the bowl and mix well.
4. Rinse dried apricots and chop them finely, add to the dough, and pour in 250 milliliters of orange juice.
5. Use a spatula to stir the entire contents of the bowl.
6. Grease a baking dish with a lump of butter and pour out the dough.
7. Place in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 75-90 minutes. Pierce the finished cake with wooden toothpicks.
8. Combine the water, remaining orange juice and granulated sugar, put the saucepan on the fire and cook until the grains are dissolved. Cool slightly and then pour it over the cake.
9. Leave the pie for 30 minutes and serve.