Open pies have always been considered the most beautiful, and open pie biscuits with plums are also incredibly tasty and juicy! Be sure to prepare the crunchy bottom layer, after baking it becomes very flavorful thanks to the nuts. If you use berries instead of plums, place them flush with the dough as they may drip slightly during baking. You can add some cinnamon or nutmeg to the filling if you like.
Appointment: For breakfast / For children / Afternoon snack / For afternoon tea / For dessert
Main Ingredient: Fruit / Plum / Dairy / Flour / Butter
Dish: Baking / Pies / Filled Dishes / Sweet
- Flour - 200 Grams (180 g in the dough, 20 g in the filling)
- Butter - 110 Grams
- Ice water - 10-14 Art. spoons
- Roasted almonds - 1 Tbsp. the spoon
- Sugar - 3.5 Art. spoons (3 tablespoons in the filling, 0.5 tablespoons in the dough)
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Plums - 6-8 Pieces
How to cook "biscuit with plums"
1. Cut the butter into cubes and place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Then, using a knife, grind the butter and flour into small crumbs without touching it with your hands.
2. Transfer the crumb to a bowl with a knife, add salt and sugar. Stir. Add cold water in small portions (2 tablespoons each) to the flour, lightly mixing the mass with your hands.
3. As soon as the dough begins to form into lumps, wrap it in plastic wrap and form a lump. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Chop the roasted almonds with a knife, add sugar and a tablespoon of flour to them and stir. Peel the plums and cut them into thin slices.
5. Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper into a layer about 0.7 cm thick (preferably round). Place a crunchy layer in the middle, place the plums on top and carefully cover with the edges of the dough.
6. Grease the pie with yolk, whipped with water, and bake in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Decorate with powdered sugar. Enjoy your meal!