In this recipe, you will learn how to make apple roses. These are very beautiful buns that turn out to be fragrant, juicy and tender. Puff pastry is ideal for such baked goods; you can take it as a store-bought or homemade dough. In addition, I recommend taking exactly red apples, since the peel after baking really resembles pink rose petals. Sprinkle cinnamon or vanilla on the apples if you like. Surprise your family with such beautiful pastries!
Appointment: For children / Afternoon snack / Afternoon snack / For dessert / For a festive table / Birthday
Main Ingredient: Fruit / Apples / Dough / Puff pastry
Dish: Baking / Buns / Sweet
- Puff pastry - 250 Grams
- Red apples - 2 Pieces
- Jam - 4-5 Art. spoons
- Water - 200 Milliliters
- Sugar - 3 Tbsp. spoons
- Powdered sugar - 2-3 tbsp. spoons
- Vegetable oil - 2 Tbsp. spoons
How to make "Roses from apples"
1. Prepare sugar syrup: mix sugar with water and bring to a boil. Dip apples, peeled and cut into thin slices, in the syrup.
2. It is not necessary to cook apples in syrup for a long time, it is enough for them to soften slightly. Then transfer the apples to a sieve and let the syrup drain.
3. Roll out the puff pastry thinly and cut into strips 5-6 cm wide. Grease the strip with a thin layer of jam. Place the apples on the edge of the strip so that they slightly overlap each other, then fold the second edge of the strip and twist it with a snail.
4. Hold the edges of the dough together. Place the roses in oiled cupcake tins. Bake in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for about 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the finished buns with icing sugar. Enjoy your meal!