In this soup, I used bok choy cabbage and coriander, I understand that these products are not always available in stores, so you can easily replace them with suitable, in your opinion, analogs. If you don't like sweet potatoes, replace them with regular ones. The soup is simple but delicious and satisfying. I recommend trying to cook at least once!
Purpose: For lunch
Main Ingredient: Vegetables
- Vegetable oil - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Ginger - 1 Tbsp. spoon (grated)
- Thai Curry Paste - 2 Tbsp. spoons (red)
- Sweet potatoes - 1 Piece (small size)
- Bok Choy Cabbage - To taste (small; or any other favorite greens)
- Broth - 1 Liter (chicken or vegetable)
- Coconut Milk - 370 Grams
- Fish sauce - 1/2 Tbsp. spoons
- Brown sugar - 1/2 Tbsp. spoons
- Rice noodles - 85 grams
- Red Onion - 1/2 Pieces (for serving)
- Lime - 1 Piece (for serving)
- Fresh Coriander - 1 Bunch (for serving)
- Chili sauce - - To taste (for serving)
How to make Vegetable Curry Soup
First, prepare vegetables for soup and serving (optional). Cut the potatoes into cubes. Pass the garlic through a press. Grate the ginger on a fine grater. Wash and chop the greens. Slice the red onion thinly.
Pour oil into a saucepan, add garlic, ginger and curry paste. Saute over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
Add potatoes and greens (in my case, this is cabbage), leave some greens for serving. Pour in the broth. Bring the contents of the saucepan to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for another 5-7 minutes (until the potatoes are soft).
While the soup is cooking, heat the water for the noodles. As soon as it boils, add the noodles and boil them for 2-3 minutes (or according to the instructions on the package). Then strain the noodles (so that the water glass) and set aside for now.
Pour coconut milk and fish sauce into a saucepan with potatoes, add sugar. Stir, try. Add more fish sauce or sugar if necessary. Add the remaining kale and stir again.
Serve by scattering the noodles on bowls and pouring over the soup. Garnish with onions, coriander (or other herbs), lime (you can squeeze some juice directly into the soup). If you like spicy, add some chili.