This is a terrific cake recipe that is baked without flour. Intrigued? The process itself is simple, but the result is impressive! Serve the pie with whipped cream or natural yogurt, for example. Spoil yourself with this stunning poppy masterpiece!
Purpose: For an afternoon snack
Main Ingredient: Dough / Poppy
Dish: Baking / Pies
Cuisine geography: German / European
- Poppy - 280 Gram
- Butter - 140 Grams
- Sugar - 200 Grams
- Egg - 5 Pieces
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Vanilla extract - 2 Teaspoons
- Cream - 120 Milliliters
How to make German Poppyseed Pie
1. The first thing to do is poppy seeds.
2. Wipe it to a paste in a mortar or blender, for example. In the process, you can add a little water.
3. Beat the butter with the yolks. Then add sugar and add vanilla extract. Whisk the whites separately with a pinch of salt. Gently line the whites with the yolks with butter and sugar and stir. Place the poppy seeds in a bowl.
4. Stir gently until smooth. Add cream.
5. Place in a greased ovenproof dish and place in a preheated oven.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes. The cake should brown well.
7. Transfer to wire rack and cool before serving. Enjoy your tea!