This is one of the most interesting recipes for making bread, as it requires the use of natural dyes: turmeric, pumpkin, paprika, pepper and spinach. It turns out such bread is very beautiful and aromatic (thanks to the spices). You can give free rein to your imagination and give such bread a different shape. Moreover, children will especially like this bread, as it looks very interesting!
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Pumpkin / Dough
Dish: Baking / Bread
- Spinach - 100 Grams
- Warm water - 120 Milliliters
- Sunflower oil - 3 tbsp. spoons
- Sugar - 1.5 Teaspoons
- Salt - 1.5 Teaspoons
- Dry Yeast - 1.5 Teaspoons
- Flour - 700-800 Grams
- Pepper - 2 Pieces
- Paprika - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Pumpkin - 200 Grams
- Turmeric - 1 Teaspoon
- Poppy - 3 Art. spoons
- Sesame - 3 Tbsp. spoons
- Seeds - 3 Art. spoons
How to make "Three-color bread with natural colors"
1. For the green dough it is necessary to wash and dry the spinach, grind it in a blender together with 60 ml of water and 1 tbsp. vegetable oil. Sift 200 g flour, add 0.5 tsp to it. salt, 0.5 tsp. sugar and 0.5 tsp. yeast. Add green gruel and knead the dough. Cover it with plastic wrap and leave for an hour.
2. For red dough, dip the peppers in boiling water for 2-5 minutes (fresh or frozen, respectively). Grind it with 60 ml of water and 1 tbsp. vegetable oil. Sift 200 g flour, add 0.5 tsp to it. salt, 0.5 tsp. sugar, 0.5 tsp. yeast and paprika. Add red gruel and knead the dough. Cover it with plastic wrap and leave for an hour.
3. For the yellow dough, mash the stewed pumpkin with 60 ml water and 1 tablespoon in a blender. vegetable oil. Sift 400-500 g of flour, add 0.5 tsp to it. salt, 0.5 tsp. sugar and 0.5 tsp. yeast as well as turmeric. Add yellow gruel and knead the dough. Cover it with plastic wrap and leave for an hour.
4. When the dough has risen, roll each piece into an oblong sausage. Lay them out on parchment paper and braid them (but not very tight). Cover the braid with a towel for 20-30 minutes. Once the dough has risen, brush with water and sprinkle with poppy seeds, sesame seeds and seeds.
5. Send the bread to an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Check the readiness with a wooden stick: it must be dry. Enjoy your meal!