Every time you cook cabbage rolls, try not to overcook the cabbage. Otherwise, when you wrap the filling, the cabbage leaves will burst.
These cabbage rolls can stand in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Therefore, try to cook more immediately.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Cabbage / Carrots
Dish: Hot dishes / Cabbage rolls
- Cabbage - 1 Piece
- Carrots - 1.5-2 Kilograms
- Garlic - 1 Piece
- Korean style carrot spices - 1 Piece
- Water - 1 Liter
- Sugar - 0.5 Cups (90 grams)
- Oil - 0.5 Cups (80 ml)
- Salt - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Bay Leaf - To taste
- Vinegar - 1/3 Cup (65 ml)
How to cook "Korean cabbage rolls with carrots in sauerkraut"
1. Prepare the cabbage. Cut off the stump, put the head of cabbage in a large pot of water. The water needs to be salted (a teaspoon is enough), add a teaspoon of oil and 2-3 teaspoons of vinegar. Cover the pot until the water boils.
2. Checking the readiness of the top leaf with a fork, disassemble the cabbage into leaves using a dessert knife and fork. Then cover the pan with a lid and leave for 15 minutes.
3. Chop the carrots on a Korean carrot grater. Send spices there: ground red pepper, turmeric, basil, hot pepper "light", squeeze out the head of garlic and salt (2 teaspoons is enough). Pour everything with two tablespoons of sunflower oil and mix, pressing with your hands until the carrots let out the juice.
4. Cut the cabbage leaf in half along the "vein" and cut the "vein" itself. Then cut the halves again. The cabbage rolls will be small, but neat.
5. Put the carrots on the cabbage leaf from the narrowest edge so that it looks out a little on the sides. You need to twist the cabbage roll tightly. Put all the cabbage rolls in a deep container, lay on top with whole cabbage leaves.
6. Cabbage rolls need to be filled with marinade. Juice from Korean carrots can also be sent to cabbage rolls. For brine per liter of boiling water, take 1 bay leaf, half a cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of salt, half a cup of oil and 1/3 cup of vinegar. Stir and pour in the cabbage rolls. Put a plate on top, and on it - a jar of water. After the brine has cooled, press the dish into the refrigerator for 24 hours.
7. In a day, a delicious and simple snack will appear on your table.