I really like to cook mussels in shells, in this form it is more convenient to serve them at a buffet table, and the dish also looks much more spectacular and appetizing. Mussels with sauce can be served with vegetable salad, rice, potatoes. Besides cheese sauce, they go well with onions, cream or salsa.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Fish & Seafood / Seafood / Mussels & Scallops / Dairy / Cheese
- Mussels - 200 Grams
- Butter - 30 Grams
- Milk - 100 Milliliters
- Flour - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Hard cheese - 100 Grams
- Nutmeg - 5 Grams
- Ground black pepper - 3 Grams
How to cook "Mussels with cheese sauce"
1. I put the stewpan on the fire, put a piece of butter in it, melt it over low heat.
2. I add wheat flour, stir it with a whisk until it dissolves, gradually pour in milk.
3. Grind the cheese on a fine grater and introduce it into a saucepan, stir.
4. Stir the sauce thoroughly, add nutmeg and ground black pepper, the sauce is thick.
5. Rinse and boil the mussels, then gently open them with a knife. I divide the mussel meat into 2 parts so that they lie in each shell.
6. I spread the shells on a baking sheet covered with parchment. Spread cheese sauce inside each shell with a spoon.
7. Leave the mussels for 15 minutes so that the sauce spreads all over the sink.
8. I send it to an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 10 minutes, I have an oven with the "Grill" function, if there is none, I put it on the top shelf.
9. Ready-made mussels are served warm or chilled with a salad of vegetables.