This dish does not belong to the category of those that can be served on the festive table, but you should not deny yourself the pleasure of trying it. It will be very tasty to present balyk as a snack for beer, instead of crackers, chips and purchased fish snacks, especially since you can be sure of the quality and freshness of the finished product.
Main Ingredient: Fish and Seafood
Dish: Snacks / Balyk
- Asp - 0.7-1 Kilogram
- Salt - 1.5 Kilograms
- Sunflower oil - 1 tbsp. the spoon
How to cook "Balyk from asp"
1. Wash the fish well, just don't clean it. With a sharp knife we cut not along the belly, but along the ridge; we do not cut off the head and tail, but cut it. Carefully remove the opened insides, clean out the gills, otherwise the fish will taste bitter and not salted.
2. We wash the cut fish very well so that no blood clots remain. If you have time, it is better to soak it for an hour in cold water, then rinse it under running water and blot it with a paper napkin.
3. We put the carcass with the scales down, make notches and generously cover with salt, leave for 30 minutes, then rub in the salt well.
4. Pour salt into a suitable bowl on the bottom, put the fish up with scales and again generously fill with salt. We spread a small load on top. We put the fish in the refrigerator until 12 o'clock.
5. Then we take out the carcass and rinse it under running water, put it in a bowl and fill it with water, after a while we drain it and repeat the procedure several times. After soaking, we hang the fish to remove excess moisture. We grease the finished fish with sunflower oil and fold it in half, as if it had not been cut, wrap it tightly with paper (parchment), put it in a bowl and send it to the refrigerator. We put a small weight on top of the fish so that the meat looks beautiful.
6. Ready fish balyk served with beer (or instead of herring with boiled potatoes). Enjoy your meal!